Tibbetts Brook Park, Yonkers E-BIRD CHECK LIST E-BIRD MAP GOOGLE MAP
|A multi-use park with some pockets of good habitat. Good birding except during summer when it's overrun with people. The southern end has breeding Baltimore Oriole, Warbling Vireo, Yellow Warbler and an occasional Orchard Oriole. In spring, warblers and other migrants can be active in the evening as well as the morning. All 5 swallows may be seen feeding over the lakes in May. A Glossy Ibis once showed up in a wet field during August. Look for Wood Duck, Hooded Merganser, Pied-billed Grebe and other ducks in winter.|
Birds of Yonkers
From the Saw Mill River Parkway
1. Exit at exit 4, Cross County Parkway.
2. Immediately get in , or stay in the right lane! Take the first exit for Yonkers Avenue, Midland Ave.
3. At the end of the exit, make a right onto Midland Avenue.
4.Go about 1/2 mile and make your first possible right into the road leading down into the park. Parking lot on right,
From The CrossCouty Parkway from the
1. Take the Cross County Parkway west to exit 3, Yonkers Avenue East.
2. Take Yonkers Avenue east to the second light and turn right onto Midland Ave
3.Go about 1/2 mile and make your first possible right into the road leading down into the park. Parking lot on right,
For more information on the park check out Westchester County Park's Web Site
Back to Where to bird in Westchester